Los Cabos, B.C.S., Mx. – Solmar Hotels & Resorts began its phased reopening on June 15, 2020. The brand has unveiled the new Solmar Standards in Safety & Care to keep travelers safe while enjoying the beautiful destination of Cabo San Lucas. In order to protect its staff, guests and members, Solmar has implemented new policies, procedures and social distancing practices to ensure the highest levels of prevention controls that are aligned with federal recommendations across all seven resorts.
All facilities have been rigorously cleaned and employees have completed extensive training. New health and safety highlights include contactless temperature measuring stations for guests and employees, luggage and shoe sanitation services, new restaurant and pool furniture floor plans, enhanced room service and take away options, and electronic QR code scanning for menus at restaurants. Check in and concierge services will now include partitions between guests and employees. Mattresses and pillows will be cleaned daily using a high-tech fogging machine and sanitizer spray will be used throughout the AC vents in guestrooms.
New state-of-the-art technology will enable guests to check in and out electronically and coming soon, guests will be able to use their mobile devices to unlock and enter their guestrooms. The restaurants, pools, fitness centers, kids clubs and spas will all be open and cleaned regularly after any touch. Doctors will be available on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Solmar team is prepared to go the extra mile to ensure all guests have a safe and enjoyable stay.
Full details are listed below:
- Special training to all staff members on techniques for infection prevention
- Role-specific measures to be implemented on a day-to-day basis.
- Close supervision from area managers to ensure high-levels of personal hygiene
- Security access check points with digital thermometers in order to verify the health of each employee before entering our facilities.
- Availability of sanitizing gel and/or soap on all workstations and back of house common facilities.
- Daily sanitization of employees’ common areas such as locker rooms, canteen, offices, workshops, warehouse, pantries, etc.
- Updated floor plans of employees’ canteens with reduced capacity, readjusted operation schedules and elimination of self-service stations.
- Availability of face masks and safety goggles for all employees and mandatory usage of such for all of the departments.
- Full empathy with all employees who present any symptoms to stay at home until fully recovered.
GUESTS AND MEMBERS
- All security gate agents will always be required to use face mask and safety goggles.
BELL DESK & VALET PARKING
- Mandatory usage of face mask. safety goggles and respect for social distancing.
- Sanitization of all guests’ luggage pieces before entering our facilities.
- Temperature measuring stations available for guests and members.
- Mandatory use of sanitization solutions to spray inside all cars at valet parking.
FRONT DESK & CONCIERGE
- All front desk agents must use face masks and safety goggles.
- Reception and Concierge desks representatives must use acrylic sneeze guards.
- Complimentary sanitizing gel or solution at Reception counter and Concierge desks.
- Sanitization of credit card terminals, pens and all items used between guests.
- Revised and adjusted cleaning procedures for housekeeping, ensuring reinforced sanitization of rooms at each check-out and check-in.
- Mandatory use of face mask and safety goggles for staff members.
- Check-in time will change from 4pm to 5pm in order to provide enough time to ensure above actions take place.
- Mandatory use of face masks and safety goggles for all employees.
- Constant sanitization of public areas such as elevators, bathrooms, railings, etc.
RESTAURANTS, BARS & DELIS
- Mandatory use of face mask and safety goggles for staff and respect for social distancing
- Complimentary sanitizing gel or solution at the entrance of all restaurants and bars
- Daily sanitization process of restaurants, bars and kitchens (front and back of the house)
- Close supervision to ensure high levels of personal hygiene and food preparation
- New floor plans and readjusted operation schedules at restaurants and bars with reduced capacity.
- New practices and controls implemented at buffet-style venues to avoid self-serving service.
- Sanitization of tables, chairs, menus, trays, condiments jars, credit card terminals, check cover, pens and all items used between guests.
- Reorganization of sunbeds to allow for more space between guests while respecting social distancing protocols.
- Mandatory use of face masks and safety goggles for all pool waiters and waitresses with respect for social distancing
- Close supervision to ensure high levels of personal hygiene and food and beverage preparation.
- Sanitization of menus, trays, condiments, check cover, pens, etc.
SPA & BEAUTY SALON
- Staff at welcome desk or counter must use acrylic sneeze guards.
- Mandatory usage of face masks and safety googles for guests with respect for social distancing policy.
- Readjusted operation schedules of services to ensure lower capacity seating with respect social distancing between guests.
- Complimentary sanitizing gel or solution at the spa counters.
- Close supervision to ensure high levels of personal hygiene.
- No edible amenities for public consumption.
- Revised and adjusted cleaning procedure for cabins, locker rooms, showers, etc. to ensure full sanitization between guests.
- Sanitization of spa menus, credit card terminals, check cover, pens and all items used between one guests.
ENTERTAINMENT & KIDS CLUB
- Mandatory use of face masks and safety googles for all staff with respect for social distancing
- Complimentary sanitizing gel or solution at activities and kids club counters
- Mandatory temperature testing of all kids before entering the kid’s club facilities
- Readjusted operation schedule of services to ensure lower capacity seating with respect for social distancing between guests
- Sanitization of used equipment between groups of kids.
- Welcome desk or counter staff must use acrylic sneeze guards
- All fitness center staff must use face mask, safety goggles and respect social distancing
- Complimentary sanitizing gel or solution at fitness center counters
- Readjusted operation schedules of services to ensure lower capacity and respect social for distancing between guests
- Sanitization of used equipment between guests
- Guests and members with meal plan program will be allowed to order takeaway in restaurants, delis and bars
- All staff is fully trained to follow safety protocol while handling food & beverages
- Solmar will encourage the use of room service in order for guests and members to enjoy food and beverages in the privacy and security of their room
- In order to ensure the cleanliness and security of guests’ room, all room service orders will be served in to-go containers
- Room service waiters and waitresses will not be allowed to enter the guests’ rooms
- Room service menu has been adapted in order to offer the most popular and appetizing dishes
- The Chef has created pre-made options for guests to easily heat up in-room, minimizing staff contact with food.
- Solmar will encourage take away in order for guests and members to enjoy food and beverage in the privacy and security of their room
- Restaurants, delis and bars will be prepared with several to-go containers for each order
About Solmar Hotels & Resorts
Since 1974, Solmar Hotels & Resorts has been welcoming guests to its collection of seven all-suite resorts located in Baja California Sur’s most desired beach destinations. Within the award-winning portfolio is Grand Solmar Land’s End Resort & Spa, Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas Resort Golf & Spa, Grand Solmar The Residences at Rancho San Lucas, Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa, The Ridge at Playa Grande, Solmar Resort and Quinta del Sol by Solmar. Offering the quintessential, authentic Baja Mexico experience, Solmar Hotels & Resorts prides itself on providing high caliber service standards and warm hospitality. For more information about Solmar Hotels & Resorts, visit , Instagram @SolmarResorts and Facebook page.
For more information on Solmar Hotels & Resorts, visit https://www.solmar.com